There’s nothing wrong losing a battle or a game. Here, a battle can be compared to a person fighting an incurable disease in real life! A game can be compared to a person or an animal struggling for the survival of its existence.
Losing or failing is not a bad thing! But losing your self belief is something to be bothered about. A defeat or setback can make you stronger both emotionally and physically, provided if you still have belief in your inner strengths.
Let’s revisit the quote from the movie, Batman Begins (2005).
“Why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves up.” – Alfred
There is greatness in a fall or defeat. A defeat teaches you more than a school education. To rise from a setback, a revival technique is essential to be adopted.
The Revival Technique can be put down as:
- Fall – You are crushed and beaten. You have to start all again from the bottom.
- Acknowledge – You have to acknowledge yourself that you have been defeated and it was not all that easy this time. But always remind yourself that you have not been crushed completely. Today or yesterday was a bad day. But there is always a dawn after a night.
- Pump up – Find inspiration from any source that gives you a thumping burst of positive energy. Search for your own sources of inspiration and stay with the flow.
- Find the courage -If you had found your inspiration, now it is time for setting up some courage to back you.
- Stay calm and practice patience – We have seen this in the movie, The Shawshank Redemption (1994). The protagonist remains calm and works his way around with enough patience till the end. Your time will come but keep working hard for it.
- Endure the pain – To achieve greatness, sometimes you might have to endure a little pain. But that’s all worth the pain. Endurance talks more about the mental and emotional strength. You cannot be defeated completely unless you allow it.
- Plan the hit – Planning is another part of the revival technique. Planning your execution is mandatory before you execute. You have all the time for your planning. So make the most of it.
- Strike while the iron is hot! – Doing justice to this saying, execute your plan at the right time. You know it when it’s time. You will know it.
You must rise after your fall. You will rise for sure. The revival technique will work definitely. And the revival technique is working…
— Anoop © People and Hearts